Batterie Longues Sur Mer

Documenting the past for future generations


This site is still in beta mode and we are adding media daily.



Batterie Longues-sur-Mer was a World War II artillery battery constructed by Organisation Todt near the French village of Longues-sur-Mer in Normandy. The batterie was completed by May 1944. Although manned initially by the Kriegsmarine, the batterie was later transferred to the German army. The site consisted of four 152-mm navy guns, each protected by a large concrete casemate, a command post, shelters for personnel and ammunition, and several defensive emplacements.




Advanced Landing Ground B-11 Longues-sur-Mer




Stacks Image 6
Under construction on the 10th April 1944


Stacks Image 13
June the 4th 1944


Stacks Image 20
June the 6th 1944


Proudly funded and supported by Jersey War Tours © 2017 Jersey War Tours Contact Us